IV Telephony Board
The Powerline IV telephony card (PLIV) operates with IBM compatible
386, 486 and Pentium computers. The PLIV utilizes state-of-the-art
Multi-Vendor Vendor Information Protocol (MVIP) for data transfer
and inter-board communication. The Line Interface Unit (LIU) on
the PLIV is a highly sophisticated analog loop interface, offering
exceptional signal clarity and trans-hybrid rejection. The PLIV
supports multiple line and multiple board recording and playback
and performs expert signal processing, specializing in the recognition
of call progress and pulse-dial signals. PLIV utilizes a standard
16-bit ISA interface, which utilizes dual-ported memory and input/output
(I/O) ports. By taking advantage of shared RAM, multiple Powerline
IV boards can share the same 16K high memory block.
- Four ports per board, up to 32 ports per system
- Embedded 33 MHz high-performance processor
- Digital speech recording and playback
- 32Kb per line memory buffers
- Industry Standard Architecture (ISA) interface
- Touch-tone and pulse recognition and transmission
- Amplified speaker output, any line
- High quality mu-Law compressed speech
- Telephone line, microphone, and auxiliary inputs
- Automatic real-time call progress monitoring
- Inter-board, cross-board two-line call conferencing
- MVIP digital telephony bus interface
- Loop-start/Optional ground-start line interface
- Standard RJ-14 telephone interface
- Optional line/local phone interface (headsets)
- Voice Messaging Systems
- Alarm Systems
- Service Bureau
- Automated Call Distribution
- DID and Centrex SMDI Serial Interface (optional)
- Automated Call Transfer and Paging
- Telemarketing (optional operator in-line switching)
- Auto Dialer with Database Access
- Voice Information Systems
- Sales and Transaction Processing
- Interactive Voice Response
- Optional Caller Identification
Powerline IV requires an IBM compatible 386, 486 or Pentium class
computer, Powervoice voice processing software OR the C-Lever
Developer's Toolkit or Peak Basic Toolkit.
Each Powerline IV card employs principles of multitasking and
parallel processing. The host computer and each board's processor
access the same native code. The MPU on each PLIV board time-slices
telephone speech processing for each of the PLIV's four lines.
The inter-card digital telephony bus (MVIP) allows speech processing
to be switched between different processors installed in the host
Progress & Line Monitoring:
Powerline IV monitors and analyzes tone, amplitude, frequency
and cadence to sensitivities as low as -45 dBm. The circuitry
can discriminate frequencies to within 25 Hz. The Powerline IV
expertly detects line status, loop current interrupts, Calling
Party Control pulses and loop current reversals.
The Powerline IV meets industry standard mu-law companding.
Powerline IV uses an 33 MHz Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) processor
for data transfer, control functions and signal processing. The
processor is connected to 64Kb of onboard dual-ported RAM.
Powerline IV's API interface software is a TSR-based driver that
operates under MS-DOS. The driver application programming interface
(API) can be easily interfaced with C, C++, Pascal and 80x86 Assembler
and other programming languages.
Audio Card Adapter
The PLIV audio card is an optional adapter that plugs directly
into the component side of the PLIV card. This audio adapter provides
high quality recording capabilities through two 3.5 mm phone jacks,
which are accessible through the bracket at the edge of the card.
The first jack accepts microphone input; the second jack accepts
standard audio input. Both interfaces can be used as tools to
create high quality digitized recordings.
In addition to the audio inputs, there is an audio output jack
(also 3.5 mm) that acts as an audio output. This output can be
used to drive a small speaker, or it can act as an input to an
external amplifier. The volume of the speaker output is controlled
by a potentiometer, which is also accessible at the bracket at
the rear of the card.
For additional information on the PowerVoice application generator,
the Powerline IV hardware and the Peak Basic Toolkit contact the
Sales Department OR you can
download the following files from our FTP
- Powerline IV Hardware Manual (plivhw.zip)
- Peak Basic Toolkit Manual (pbman.zip)
- PowerVoice Application Generator Manual (pvman.zip)
- Latest Changes in PowerVoice (pvupdat.doc)
Satisfaction guaranteed with our 30 day no-nonsense
complete money back guarantee.
Click 'Buy Now' to order on our Secure Server!